Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Combating negativity

Overly negative people who always only see the negative side of something really wear me out. They grate on my nerves and make me want to scream. Everything is glass half-empty and blah, blah, blah. How do people like that live anything close to a happy life? Can't they, for once, just see something GOOD or POSITIVE in something, anything?

I have a giant negative cloud hanging over me (impersonated by a person), and it is wearing me out more than anything else in my life. My mind is tired and my soul is writhing in pain. No kidding. It's that bad.

On the flip-side of life, I now have a gym-buddy and a gym-date; a fellow-student, and a girl on top of that (I work with all boys, there is way too much testosterone in my life). My locker at the not-so-great-but-essentially-free gym at school has probably rusted shut. I'm not sure I still know the combination to get into the locker! I also have no idea what may be inside the locker. All I know is that I pay $25 a semester to rent the thing. I guess Thursday will bring all kinds of surprises with it!

Here's to Thursday and to some soul and mind-purging exercising.

PS: I've been reading (OK, listening to books on tape) about mountaineering and Alpine-style mountain climbing lately and find it fascinating. Perhaps I will climb some high mountain some day. I also just finished listening to a book about yoga, and I think my life, body and mind could benefit from yoga (please leave a comment if you know of any good tapes or yoga books for beginners - I have a yoga mat).

No comments: