Friday, April 24, 2009

Chocolate cheesecake

My latest baking adventure:

Chocolate cheesecake with a crust of crushed Oreos. I ate one piece for breakfast and one for dinner. I gave two pieces away to a friend who had a baby this week, and I cut the rest into individual servings, put them in plastic bags and stuck them in the freezer.

Cheesecake is just about the ultimate dessert to me. I like it best when it's ice cold, right out of the freezer and barely thawed. Almost like ultra-rich ice-cream. Last semester I would treat myself to a piece of store-bought cheesecake after a completed exam, and I spent about $1.50 per piece of cheesecake! Never doing that again...

I got the recipe from the back of a Baker's semi-sweet box of eight individually wrapped 1-oz. squares of baking chocolate.

No comments: