Sunday, April 19, 2009

I guess I have to make some jam now


I went to the store this past week to buy two canning jars, but apparently you can't just buy one or two. They come in boxes of a dozen. I am not the proud owner of 12 canning jars. For now 10 of the jars are on the shelf, while the other two are being used as sprout-growing vessels. This blog is about the 10 jars I have left. Perhaps I will make some jam.

This blog is also about my other pursuits to make life just a little more bearable and fun. I go to school during the day, but when I get home I like to garden (in a 4th floor apartment). Due to a lucky sequence of events I am about to become a first-time homeowner, so my 4th floor garden will move into my very small yard in a few weeks. This blog is also about the house, and the garden, and my attempts to take care of them. I don't own a screwdriver or a shovel (other than the snow kind), so please join me on my journey to becoming a gardening, homesteading single female graduate student. My house came without a kitchen, so the next few weeks should be interesting.

Welcome. Take a seat, but please, make sure you don't accidentally break any jars. They only come by the dozen!

No comments: