Monday, April 20, 2009

Thankful

Mondays are my least favorite day of the week. It's hard to get up, it's hard to find something to wear, it's hard to get to school on time (or at all, for that matter), and it's hard to be motivated to do much of anything.

Today was a particularly challenging Monday. Rain, a broken car, a bike that needs fixing, a cold that won't go away, and a generally malcontent attitude on my part. I moaned and whined and complained all day, and then I went home and had dinner and watched part of a movie.

And then I realized that really I am quite lucky. I am fortunate enough to get an education that comes with a (small) paycheck, I will soon move into my very first own home, I had a nutritious and delicious dinner, and I generally have everything I need in life, and many of the things I want.

So here's to being thankful.

No comments: