Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I have a job

I'm pretty sure this blog will be focused on my life outside of school/work. But I DO have a job. I'm in a Biomedical PhD program with a specialty yet to be determined (probably Cell & Developmental Biology & Anatomy). I basically spend some time in class and then spend the rest of my time in the lab doing research, some days more, some days less. It looks like I will be doing my work mostly with cells, and specifically a certain protein that is believed to play a part in how cells move around and invade other tissues (like cancer cells do).

This is a picture I took of a cell stained for the cytoskeletal protein actin.

Maybe I'll write about what research is like someday soon. It's lengthy, slow and tedious, but it's pretty thrilling when you get actual, usable results and data.

No comments: