Monday, May 18, 2009

Hardwood Floor Windows

I officially took possession of my new old house on Friday, and the first thing I did was run for cover. I spent the weekend visiting friends, knowing it would probably be about 2 months until I would be able to spend a weekend there again.

Today, however, it's back to reality and the joys of home-ownership are starting to creep up on me. OK. They're hitting me like a moving train. I have a few appointments today for various people to come to the house for various estimates and such. 8am, 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm and between 5 and 9pm. I met someone at the house at 8am this morning and started showing him the hardwood floors in need of refinishing, asking if I should pull up the tacks from the former carpet. He looked at me, slightly puzzled, and said "I'm here to look at some windows."

I'm just hoping the other people coming today know what they're there for, or I just might end up asking the "home energy assessor" (aka. insulation guy) to please change my locks. Who knows, maybe he'll do it!?

No comments: