Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Move

...is done.

I slept at the house for the first time last night (on my mattress, in the living room, because I can't get the box spring up the stairs, despite the all-out efforts of the volunteer movers that were compensated with pizza, wings and soda).

There are boxes stacked up in the dining room and the office, and there are no light fixtures yet. Tomorrow I am going to buy some more light fixtures and on Monday or Tuesday someone will hang them up. That someone will not be me. I spent the better part of 3 days fooling around with light fixtures, and eventually moved on to installing the programmable thermostat. I'm not sure if it's wired correctly, I'll have the electrician look at it.

The office is yellow,
My bedroom is green (after a pretty horrid detour from the original dark grey to neon purple).
The living room is tan-ish.
The dining room is brown-ish.
The bathroom is light yellow.
The kitchen will be green (a different shade than it currently is).
The hallway will be tan. maybe. the painter is coming on Monday or Tuesday.
The porch is still shades of gray, but that is a temporary state.
The people at the paint store know me by name now and ask me how the last color I bought turned out. I think my ceaseless painting needs will allow at least one of their children to go to college now. Paint is not cheap.

I installed all but three light switches today. I'm down to about 5 minutes per light switch. I can also install an outlet in 5 minutes.

I am sitting in the dining room, next to the chandelier on the floor, and now I am going to walk over to the living room and plop onto my bed. Good night.

No comments: